Home Cricket PCB issues legal notice to Corbin Bosch for participating in IPL outside approved time limits

PCB issues legal notice to Corbin Bosch for participating in IPL outside approved time limits

Corbin Bosch has been issued a legal notice by the PCB for allegedly breaching his contrac...

Mon, 17 Mar 2025 09:16 AM

Corbin Bosch has been issued a legal notice by the PCB for allegedly breaching his contractual obligations. This comes after the South African allrounder opted to sign with Mumbai Indians for the IPL 2025 season, leading to his withdrawal from the PSL 2025.

This season is the first in which the PSL will be played concurrently with the IPL: the IPL will run from March 22 to May 25, and the PSL from April 11 to May 18. Bosch had been picked by Peshawar Zalmi, in the diamond category, at the PSL draft that was held in January. But on March 8, it was announced by Mumbai Indians that he would be replacing the injured Lizaad Williams in their squad.

The PSL franchises have been keen to take some sort of action on Bosch, as they are worried it could set a precedent for players signing up with the PSL but then switching to the IPL. The idea of an outright ban on such players has also been floated in informal discussions.

Related

Corbin Bosch replaces injured Lizaad Williams at Mumbai Indians

PSL set for IPL clash as PCB proposes move to April-May window

A PCB statement said: "The legal notice was served through his agent, and the player has been asked to justify his actions of withdrawing from his professional and contractual commitments. The PCB management has also outlined the repercussions of his departure from the league and expects his response within the stipulated time frame. The PCB will not make any further comments on the matter."

The statement did not specify what the time frame was for Bosch to respond.

The PCB had shifted the PSL window with a view to improve the quality and availability of overseas players whom the league would be able to sign. When the PSL was in the February-March window, it also had to compete with the SA20, ILT20 and the BPL for players. ESPNcricinfo had reported last year when the window was changed that holding the PSL draft after the IPL auction had also been discussed, to have greater clarity about the availability of overseas players for the league. Leading into this season, the IPL auction was held in November 2024 and the PSL draft in January 2025.

The PSL draft duly attracted a large number of high-profile players, including David Warner, Daryl Mitchell, Jason Holder, Rassie van der Dussen and Kane Williamson.

Related

Key staff member to step down from Team India after ICC Champions Trophy win: Major setback for the team
England fast bowler Wood sidelined for four months due to another injury setback
Sad news: Former India all-rounder Syed Abid Ali passes away
India's Champions Trophy hero turned actor 7 years ago, previously hesitated to discuss fielding strategy with captain Virat Kohli
Legends Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma will continue to dominate despite emerging talent, says Shane Watson